Knitwit Printed Cotton Jersey Hibiscus Magenta Lime Green is one of our range of beautiful cotton jersey knit digital prints in brilliant colours. Lightweight, cool to wear, and ideal for warm days. It is also a good trans-seasonal fabric and would make a comfortable long sleeve top as well.
Knitwit Printed Cotton Jersey Knit Fabric is a natural fibre fabric has OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification that the fabric is harmless to health.
- Medium stretch, by which we mean 35% stretch. If your pattern is sized for a low stretch fabric (less then 35% stretch), you can still use it, but you may need to take the garment in.
- Four way stretch, by which we mean the fabric stretches in 2 directions: from selvedge to selvedge and also lengthways. If your pattern is sized for a two way stretch fabric, you can still use it.
Cotton 95%/Spandex 5% 150cm wide Light weight – 190gsm Country of origin – Turkey
By the way, Spandex is the preferred name of spandex fibre in the US. It is known in Europe as elastane, and in the UK and Australia as Lycra®. Spandex is actually an anagram of expands.
Sewing with Knitwit Jersey Knit Fabrics
- Pre-wash before cutting out and allow up to 5% shrinkage.
- For jersey knit fabrics, we use and recommend Gutermann Sew-All Thread, a top quality 100% polyester thread available in a huge range of colours to match your fabric.
- You will need stretch needles for sewing knit fabrics. Use Schmetz Stretch needles – 75/11 on fine knit fabrics, and 90/14 on other knit fabrics.
- Start each new project with a fresh needle, especially if the fabric contains cotton or wool. Blunt needles can leave holes on the stitching line.
- Vliesofix Bondaweb Tape is a must if you want to get more professional looking hems and neck edges.
If you need more help, visit our sewing with jersey knit fabrics page.